What is your primary X-Plane version?

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Blender modeling IV: Main gear

Yes I planned to do wings as next.Wings modeling is already in progress but not done yet (less free time at home last week). Fortunately I had some spare time in my job so I decided to do some modeling there as well (don't tell my boss ;) ) in parallel. Main wheel assembly seemed to be a good choice. I downloaded a service manual for DG 1001M where pretty detailed drawing of the main gear is and stared modeling. And here is the result...




Colors were applied just for better separation of parts. The spring differs a little bit. Original has a more rectangular like profile comparing to the circular I have used. I'm aiming to animate compresion of the spring so the rectangular profile would be a problem then. Also I do intend to use normal maps for texturing so some more details will be added.

Next (hopefully) the wings will be done :)

-Joe

1 comment: