What is your primary X-Plane version?

Monday, September 17, 2012

Blender Modeling VIII: Engine pt.2

Thanks to DG1001M service manual I managed to model the engine unit frame quite precisely. Though it took its time to read all the detail drawings and get all pieces one by one assembled into one big picture.

 

Then I continued adding various sub-assemblies onto it. Interesting one is a propeller-stopper. It blocks propeller from rotating while engine is retracted or in process of extension/retraction. Sure I will animate this later :). I really enjoy getting the things to work as in real. (Part attached to a fuselage are not displayed on the pic)






Another interesting part to model was the propeller. I started with low poly model which did't look good enough for me in closer look so I decided to go for more polys to achieve this...


Finally I was curious to see how it will perform in the xpl. Here is a short clip showing extension of the engine and start up...



And the whole engine as it looks currently:


 Next I will continue adding hoses (hm, how could it work without them :D ), screws and other details to finalize the whole engine assembly.

-Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment