What is your primary X-Plane version?

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

DG 1001M video portrait

 Currently I'm deep in process of airfoil characteristics tuning to achieve proper speeds as plotted by polar diagram. DG company treats all data related to the HQK51 airfoil as classified so I did not succeeded with asking them for help. I thought that only airfoil shape itself is being kept as secret however found that  Cl, Cd, Cm characteristics are secret as well. Though most probably I would not use them direclty the data would give me a clue. Now I have to figure the data by reverse engineering along with trial-error method. So its a bit time consuming.

In the mean time here is a nice video portrait of the real DG 1001M. What a beauty...

1 comment:

  1. It is great to know that somebody invest time in producing quality glider. I am not sure how good is X-Plane 10 when it comes to replicate the cycle of thermals, but I really hope for the best.

    ReplyDelete